Honda releases ultra efficient 115hp outboard engine with NMEA 2000® certification, BLAST and Lean Burn Control® for awesome performance and maximum fuel efficiency.
Honda’s BF115, BF135 and BF150 deliver seamless performance and optimum power for a smooth and enjoyable boating experience. Based on the same reliable engine that powers the globally-popular Honda Accord, the BF115, BF135 and BF150 have been manufactured with the world’s most innovative, efficient and reliable technology.
- Type4-cylinder 4-stroke DOHC 16 valves
- Bore & Stroke87mm x 99mm
- Full Throttle RPM Range5000-6000
- HP Rating @ Propshaft115HP @ 5250RPM
- Valves per CylinderFour
- Fuel DeliveryMulti port programmed fuel injection
- Ignition SystemMicrocomputer programmed
- Starting SystemElectric
- Cooling SystemWater cooled system
NMEA2000® compatibility allows the engine to communicate with onboard marine electronics to deliver a wide-range of information to head-unit displays. When networked with a NMEA2000® capable marine electronics unit, engine data such as speed, rpm, temperature, fuel usage and other data can be displayed on the unit’s screen.
LEAN BURN CONTROL®
Inclusion of Lean Burn Control offers significantly improved fuel consumption over Direct Injection two-stroke models and even further improved consumption over competing four-stroke models. The mode in which Lean Burn Control® is used, is referred to as ECOmo (Economy Controlled Motor).
- Variable trolling speed. The system adjusts in 50rpm increments between 650-900rpm. (Trolling switch optional extra).
- Three-Way Cooling. Three separate cooling circuits for more power with long-term durability.
- ‘On Demand’ 40amp, belt-driven alternator reduces heat build-up and provides superior battery charging capability – 30amp at 1000rpm and 40amp at 2000rpm+!
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection. A patented, ‘double-sealed’ multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.